Please read the whole ad before applying!
A food and beverage company based in the south of Johannesburg is looking to employ the services of a Junior Buyer/ Procurement Officer for their head office.
The candidate will be involved in the full sourcing and buying processes as they relate to procuring raw materials used in the manufacture of frozen food products. Peripheral purchasing duties will also be part of the scope of the position such as sourcing assets, services from suppliers and planning to ensure adequate levels of materials are available as they are needed.
Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Review orders for accuracy and generate Purchase Orders.
- Follow-up on all release documents for cross-border and seaport consignments.
- Applying sound sourcing principles such as achieving the best supply at the most competitive rates, keeping the risks of unreliable suppliers at an acceptable level for the pricing agreed.
- Price negotiation
- Monitor levels of materials required to place orders at the correct time to ensure continuity of supply.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- No less than 3 years' buying experience in the food manufacturing industry
- A thorough understanding of buying/sourcing principles including the financial entries regarding stock on an accounting software package (Pastel)
- A Strong understanding of ISO and HACCP standards
If you meet all of the requirements, please apply directly or send your CV to email@example.com.